Thursday, April 20, 2006

Pictures of Okinawa



Here are some of the views from Okinawa. The one with the buildings is the view from our roof. You can see the water in the distance. On a clear day you can see the islands out in the water. Pretty neat. Of course we see the occasional ship & a few little boats. The other two pictures are from the playground on one of the bases over here (Camp Kinser). I could hardly believe when Faith & I got to the playground that the view was this nice. The water is just so pretty & blue green, the pictures really don't do it justice. Although you aren't allowed to swim from this location. I haven't figured out why yet. Someone said there was some contamination they think, but no definite answer as to why yet. Kinser has the best views of any of the bases. It is right on the waterfront & has these gorgeous views. I am glad that we live out in town now. We are pretty centrally located to most things, not to mention the apartment is only a couple years old at the most. We are the second family to live here. Our neighbors are great & very helpful in telling us new places to try or see. This week we have been sponsoring a new couple and their little baby, so it has been a whirlwind of a week & we were unable to get out to see much. We are enjoying ourselves. Hopefully I will get some pictures of the apartment posted soon (I have to get it straightened up first though!)
Alan & Brittany

No comments: