
One night Alan & I were sitting relaxing when our doorbell rang. We normally just yell "Come in" because it is usually our neighbors the Chung's. Well we didn't this night, thank goodness. There was this little Japanese man at our door. He handed Alan a type written card that said he was deaf & mute and made his living by doing oil paintings & selling them. Would we be interested in looking at his paintings? I of course, the ever skeptic, am thinking great, what are we getting ourselves into?!? So he steps in the door & proceeds to show us the paintings. There are about 40 - 50 paintings, so it takes a while. Of course he is very proud of his work, as well he should be. Well, the skeptic fell in love with his paintings. Alan & I ended up purchasing one of his paintings. Of course we had to borrow a little money from our neighbors (aren't neighbors great!!) to come up with the cash. In the day of the ATM, who keeps cash around the house?!? I do like to have cash, but normally just a $20 or two. He was the sweetest man. He signed the painting & bowed profusely (his way of saying thank you). Alan & I can't wait to get it framed so we can hang it in our living room, if we can find a spot. I'm not normally a fan of Asian inspired paintings, but this one was different.
Alan & Brittany
No comments:
Post a Comment