



The first Sunday in July we went to the Dragon boat races. I was under the impression that this was going to be a small little event. I came to this impression all on my own I might add. Alan's battalion does community relations with a school, Hamagawa Jr. High & they wanted to race the Marines in a Dragon boat competition. Under my assumption, it was going to be me, Alan, the Marines & the kids from the school. Boy was I ever wrong! It was a huge festival. We had a good time & the Marines even won a couple of times. I was a little disappointed in the boats too. Most of the times they have these huge ornate dragon boats & these weren't that huge or ornate. Nonetheless, we had a good time. Here are some of the pictures from that.
1 comment:
Was Faithy a BIG attention magnet for all the Okinawans?
Faithy! Esther misses you SO MUCH.
Post a Comment